Do you ever take a moment just to think about God’s love for you? It’s one of the most important topics you could spend time thinking of! If not for his love, we would not have any hope of a relationship with him and we would be doomed to spend eternity without him. Here are five things that I wrote down when I was thinking about his love for me today:
1. His love is greater than I can imagine. Picture the ocean. Now multiply that one million times. And God’s love is still bigger!
2. His love is self-sacrificing. He gave himself up to humiliation and torture in order to rescue me.
3. His love does not depend on me. No matter what I do or how bad I mess up, God already knew about it. My actions can’t change his love for me.
4. His love is personal. Sometimes we talk about God’s love like it is an abstract idea. But it is exactly the opposite! He loves YOU. Ask him to make that truth real in your heart.
5. His love is safe. No matter how many times love has failed in the past, God’s love will not. Fully entrust yourself to him. He won’t let you go.
What are some other things about God’s love that you have learned or experienced?